| This article is under construction.|
You can help the Orange is the New Black Wiki by expanding it or providing any additional information on it.
Sam Healyis a corrections officer and inmate counselor at Litchfield Penitentiary. He is portrayed by Michael Harney.
Seeming at first to be a good guy and on Piper's side, Mr. Healy's true colors are shown when he uses Piper in order to find a smuggled cellphone and then goes back on their mutual deal. He later calls Larry to inform him of the affair she is having with Alex. He is also aware that Tiffany Doggett is about to attack Piper and does nothing to stop it, he ignores the situation completely. Mr. Healy has a Ukrainian mail-order bride and he makes it obvious he doesn't like lesbians.
He is fond of Piper, acknowledging that they are "different" than others in the prison.
He has a Ukrainian bride who is using him for her Green card, which she has 2 years left in the states to obtain. Her mother also lives with him. They speak Ukrainian at home, a language Healy does not speak, thus excluding him from their conversations.
- "This isn't about giving them power. This is about your mother telling you, you can take a bath before dinner or after; you are still gonna get wet. But you thought you had a choice."
- — Sam Healy, "The Chickening"
- "We better go to Google right away."
- — Sam Healy, "Lesbian Request Denied"
- "You ladies need to start acting like ladies."
- — Sam Healy