- Galina "Red" Reznikov - Leader
- Nicky Nichols - One of Red's daughters.
- Lorna Morello - A current member of the group. Red supported her in prison social movements because of her great influence.
- Norma Romano - Red's oldest ally while working in the kitchen. She stopped talking to Red temporarily after the incident with Gina in the canteen. The two spoke again, but Norma left the group temporarily in Season Three because of an elevated status that Red saw as nonsense (a group of inmates started worship Norma). Their friendship resumed soon after Norma disbanded the worship group.
- Gina Murphy - One of Red's allies while leading the kitchen in Season One. Avoided Red temporarily along with Norma after the incident in the kitchen.
- Frieda Berlin - Frieda and Red became best friends along with the Golden Girls, after their family evolved during Season Two.
- Alex Vause - Red helped Alex hide Aydin's body, after which the two became closer.
- Piper Chapman - Initially, they had an extremely bad relationship due to Piper's behavior, but after they became cellmates, the two began to care for each other. When Piper had a swastika on her arm marked by Maria, Red felt sorry for her and helped her transform her swastika into a window with Norma and Alex.
- Anita DeMarco - Red and Anita arrived in jail at the same time and have since become friends.
- Yoga Jones - A current member of the group.
- Irma Lerman - A member of the group and the Golden Girls. Not seen since Season Three.
Unofficial Members Edit
Inmates who are not officially part of the 'family', but are frequently seen with them:
- Tiffany Doggett - After holding a vomit bag for Nicky Nichols, Nicky invites Tiffany to eat lunch with her and the rest of the family, there are mixed reactions, but people come to the conclusion that she's changed. Tiffany and Piper have their first normal conversation after their fight in "Cant Fix Crazy". Later, Red comes over and does not question it.
- Blanca Flores - Blanca and Red began to have a friendship in the Season Five, when they had the same purpose to destroy Piscatella. The two stayed the whole season together and also used drugs to stay awake the whole time. Both women were abducted by Piscatella and psychologically tortured by him, but were rescued by the family.
- Gloria Mendoza - Initially, they did not like each other because of the competition of both in the kitchen. After Red returned as head of the kitchen, they both began to be more sensible to each other.
- Big Boo - Boo betrayed Red for the benefit of Vee and was expelled from the family; however, she has begun to reluctantly gain confidence and inclusion again.
Former Members Edit
- Tricia Miller - One of Red's daughters. She was expelled from the group by Red after using drugs and having withdrawal. She died later after a drug overdose.
- Mercy Valduto - She was released from prison after serving her sentence.
- Jimmy Cavanaugh - Member of the Golden Girls. She was released from prison on "compassionate release" (in reality the prison was finding it too difficult to care for her dementia).
- Taslitz - Member of the Golden Girls. She went to Max upon stabbing another inmate, after confusing her with Vee.
- Jane Ingalls - Member of the group. She went to the SHU and was later compassionately released because she suffered from pneumonia.