| This article is currently under construction.|
You can help the Orange is the New Black Wiki by expanding it or providing any additional information.
"Bora Bora Bora" is the tenth episode of the first season of Orange Is the New Black. It is the tenth episode of the series overall. It premiered on July 11, 2013. It was written by Nick Jones and directed by Andrew McCarthy.
When Cesar goes by Bennett's apartment and asks how and where the baby will live, Bennett learns that Daya is pregnant. He is concerned that the system will discover he had sex with Daya, which could result in disciplinary action for both. He explains that his prosthetic left leg, originally thought to be from his tour in Afghanistan, is really from an infection when he had a cut and stepped into a dirty hot tub in Florida. Aleida warns him that he better start saving and planning for the baby and how to explain Daya's pregnancy, saying, "you got nine months".
Tricked by Watson and Big Boo and egged on by others, Pennsatucky starts a faith healing crusade. Adolescents participating in the Scared Straight programme arrive at the prison, and the inmates attempt to intimidate the visiting juvenile delinquents; however, the inmates have difficulty intimidating Dina, who robbed a liquor store from her wheelchair. Piper succeeds by telling Dina the scariest part of prison is not other people, rather coming face to face with "who you really are".
Pennsatucky's faith healing crusade ends after Piper sets her up by informing her about Dina and saying that Dina needs her help. Pennsatucky attempts to heal Dina by forcefully removing her from the wheelchair, after which she is confined to the psychiatric ward.
Tricia struggles to "make things square with Red". Mendez manipulates Tricia into selling illegal drugs. When the tour with juvenile delinquents begins, Mendez notices the state Tricia is in, realises she's high and locks her in a closet to prevent her from revealing she is holding the drugs. When he returns to release her, he finds that she has taken the drugs, overdosed and died. Fearing he will be found out, Mendez manipulates the scene to make it look like a suicide by hanging. Devastated, Nicky and Red blame themselves for Tricia's death, and both resolve to bring Mendez down.
Note: Flashbacks are arranged in chronological order, not the order in which they occur on the show.
Flashbacks depict Tricia's life on the streets of New York City; she often shoplifts but keeps a list of what she steals so she can one day pay everyone back. Initially resistant to prostitution along with her also-homeless friend Allie, she is later seen getting out of a man's car, before running into Allie, who has managed to turn her life around. Allie offers Tricia a place to stay, but Tricia declines when she finds out Allie has a boyfriend; it is hinted at that she may have harbored feelings for her friend. She is later shown in a vintage-type store trying to pay for some headphones that she stole, confusing the staff. However, she shoplifts a piece of jewelry simultaneously and is spotted; this seems to be the event that got her arrested and subsequently incarcerated.
- "Adventure is just hardship with an inflated sense of self."
- — Polly Harper
- "You know I could tell you a lot of things that would scare you, Dina. I could tell you that I'm going to make you my prison bitch. I could tell you that I'm going to make you my house mouse, that I will have sex with you, even if we don't have an emotional connection; that I'm going to do to you what the spring does with cherry trees but in a prison way. Pablo Neruda. But why bother? You're too tough, right? Yeah, I know how easy it is to convince yourself that you're something you're not. I mean, you could do that on the outside. You can just keep moving, keep yourself so busy you don't have to face who you really are. But you're weak.
I'm like you, Dina. I'm weak too. I can't get through this without somebody to touch, without somebody to love. Is that because sex numbs the pain or is it because I'm some evil fuck monster? I don't know. But I do know that I was somebody before I came in here. I was somebody with a life that I chose for myself and now... now it's just about getting through the day without crying. And I'm scared. I'm still scared. I'm scared that I'm not myself in here and I'm scared that I am. Other people aren't the scariest part of prison, Dina. It's coming face-to-face with who you really are. Because once you're behind these walls, there's nowhere to run, even if you could run. The truth catches up with you in here, Dina, and it's the truth that's going to make you her bitch."
- — Piper Chapman to Dina
- When Larry meets Piper for the first time at Polly's house, he is watching Weeds. Jenji Kohan, creator, writer and producer of the series, was also the creator, writer and producer of Weeds.
- The title stems from Lorna Morello's quote about wanting to go to Bora Bora, where she insists there are three Boras. It is also a play on the word 'borrow', which Tricia insists she is doing as she intends to one day repay for all the things she has stolen.
- Ace Reporter - Untouched and Arrived (Tricia’s flashback - Store background music)
- Sanford/Jay/Doherty - Red Sees Red (OST) (Credits)